OK so you have the recipes & ideas for the kitchen, but what about the tools? We’ve put together a small list (go ahead- sigh for relief) of basic products you’ll need to make healthy eating a little bit easier.
Our suggestion? Hit up Bed, Bath & Beyond for some of these items because you can use their 20% coupon on any purchase (better yet? order online — you can get free shipping on orders over $49!). TJ Maxx & discount stores are also great to find deals on basic items like frying pans, spatulas, tongs, and knives.
1. Nutribullet ($90 + 20% discount = $72)
→We like the smaller, personal blenders because they don’t take up as much space & you can take your smoothie/shake on the road.
2. Ninja Blender & Single Serve ($139 + 20% discount = $112)
→This one is a little pricier, but it comes with both the full-sized blender & personal serve if you want both.
1. Denmark Cast Aluminum Single Burner Reversible Grill & Griddle ($20 + 20% discount = $16)
→This product is great for grilling chicken, fish & veggies. Just make sure you clean it after each use or else leftover residue will cause a lot of smoke (Weezie learned the hard way)
1. Any small or medium sized pan will do the trick. You will use this for frying eggs, sautéing veggies, pan-searing chicken or fish, etc.
1. Similar to the frying pan, any type will work. You will use this for oatmeal, cooking pasta & different types of grains, or anything that requires boiling water.
Other Important Items (if you have a kitchen…)
-Sharp kitchen knife